The Hutto Co-Op was one of the most memorable visual symbols of Hutto representing the agricultural heritage of the community. Organized and built beginning in 1937, the Hutto Co-Op soon became associated with the community identity. Farmers would load up their cotton trailers and wagons and head to the cotton gins for the processing of their contents. In early 2004, two separate entities owning approximately 18 acres of property and structure, Hutto Co-Op Gin and Hutto Co-Op Grainery, sold it to the City of Hutto.
While many of the grain structures were sold, the few remaining on-site form an integral part of the new Hutto Co-Op District master plan.